Critique my gaming build build
View Single Post
January 10, 2009, 04:22 PM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Critique my gaming build
-gaming at 1920, mostly FPS games
($600 budget for those parts will be saved up) just before summer
-don't want i7 (too pricey).
Trying to keep the build under $2k excluding water cooling
1. ASUS Rampage Formula X48. <--99% sure
2. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core <-- Is it worth going for 8600 or Quad core?
3. G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK PC2-8500 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-1066 <-- Don't know much about ram but I need ram that overclocks well with the Mobo.
4. Cooler Master Haf 932 Full Tower <-- 99% sure, great case for 360 rad.
5. Diamond Radeon HD 4870 X2 Xoc 800MHZ 2GB <-- Don't know much about which 4870 X2 are reference design for a full cover waterblock.
6. Corsair TX850W 850W CMPSU-850TX <-- 99% sure. Need a little extra watts for the pump. This PSU got great reviews. Any better PSU you can suggest in the same price range is welcome.
7. Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB <--100% sure.
8. LG Internal Blu-ray Disc / HD DVD Reader / DVD Rewriter (GGC-H20L) <-- 100% sure.
9. waiting for a good price for a
2408 a01 monitor if it goes on sale again for $549 or less.
Any suggestions for specific models for
ram, video card
4870X2 (has to be ref design for full water block), and
Last edited by 1080p; January 10, 2009 at
My System Specs
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 1080p
Find all posts by 1080p