View Single Post
Old July 2, 2007, 07:14 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Ok. Let me all clear this mess up.

First the pump says 1/2" barbs, but they are 7/16" OD in reality. The edge of the fitting (where the boss is) is 1/2" OD.

The tubing that comes with the Ultra and Ultra+ kits is 7/16" ID, where resides the difficulty in installing that tubing on that pump.

7/16" OD barb and 7/16" ID tubing. That's why I wrote to heat the ends of the tubing (for expansion) prior to installing it - once cooled, it will shrink back to 7/16", thus making a very tight fit.

Now the Tygon is a true 1/2" ID tubing. With 7/16" OD barbs on the pump and 1/2" OD barbs everywhere else, it will be a breeze to install all that tubing - just make sure to properly secure the tubing using the clamps.

Now for that single reason, I strongly suggest to use 7/16" ID tubing - I only use that. It's a b*tch to install, but it's so tight that clamps are not necessary (but I still install them). But it is mandatory to heat up the ends (for expansion) for easier installation. Just be extra careful not to have any water drops on the components...

John

Last edited by 3.0charlie; July 2, 2007 at 07:27 AM.