View Single Post
Old December 21, 2008, 07:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
Maybe general location should be a mandatory requirement for all members, it sure would save alot of posts and pm's of "where are you located". Other than that I don't think things need "fixing", I too think things are working fine the way they are and we have great mods who put their time and effort into making this a GREAT site for useful information on damn near every computer related category. Keep up the great work guys :)
I've mentioned trying to force a location for creating a thread in the buy/sell area and it's being looked into. Many folks have privacy concerns WRT this kind of policy though and are reluctant to include any information that might endanger their annonymity. We'll see what comes out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy001 View Post
how about a client-side script that checks for image tags or common web image extensions (jpg, gif, png, etc). If these are missing then return an error/reminder page of the rules and ask them to try again.
I'll point this post out to our resident website guru to see what he thinks. Considering the amount of traffic our Buy&Sell threads get it's not that big of an issue (from a mod standpoint... I wouldn't be buying something sight unseen from any internet site). Most first time posters are very good about putting up images within the 24 hour warning period and all of the mods are on-side when it comes to either deleting within 24 hours, or getting a firm committment from posters if for some reason they need a little bit more time.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP