View Single Post
Old December 13, 2008, 12:19 PM
Rookie

Default new gaming build

first of all let me say hy and sorry for my crappy english :D

now I have decided to replace my old gaming PC (still a geforce 5200, yay me) for something new this christmas, so lets first answer the questions from the sticky:

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.

only gaming, I have my laptop for everything else (monitor is an old 17˝ CTR so no high resolutions either and don't play to buy a new one for atleast half a year)

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread

around 700

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.

Slovenia

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.

no

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.

nothing, the old PC is 5 years old and barely alive

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.

yeah I have looked around a bit, but figured still best to ask for myself :D

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.

no overclocking

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?

somewhere next week

now what I have come up with so far:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz,
RAM 4GB DDR2 800 Transcadend Jetram,
Disk Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200rpm 32MB,
DVD-RW 20x NEC AD-7201S Lightscribe,
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB,
ATX LC Power PRO-906B,
550W LC Power LC5550 v 2.0,
Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L

alltogether for some 668
any sugestions? And how is the quality of the ram and PSU? The video card I am thinking of now is the dual slot one, I asume it's better than the 1 slot one beacose of better cooling right (funny that it is also cheaper than the 1 slot one...)?