Project: PrometheusCU - Update #1 - Dec 3rd 08
View Single Post
December 3, 2008, 08:23 PM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Another update for you guys, but there will be more to come this weekend.
I've finished the tray prototype that will both house the radiator, and lift Prometheus 3.5" off the ground.
We again start with some aluminum plate. As you can see I've marked out the areas to be cut.
Like the above post, I've put the jigsaw to work.
After using the dremel to crudely score the bending lines I put the piece in my bending brake.
This is what I came up with
A close-up of the joints.
Then a test. Perfect Fit!
And here is how it sits right now.
In fabricating these parts I've realized that the final design will need to seat the radiator about 1/4" lower. As you can see from the pics, I haven't left enough room for the front rad fan to breathe.
But that's why I made these prototypes... to narrow in on design flaws such as that.
That's all the fabricating I'll be doing today, tune in later I'll have some illustrations posted.
Thanks for reading!
- powered by:
July 2008 MOTM Nominee
TBCS: Front Page Article
TBCS: Featured Worklog
My System Specs
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Langer
Visit Langer's homepage!
Find all posts by Langer