View Single Post
Old December 3, 2008, 07:37 PM
Top Prospect

Default Odd part requirement

I was wondering if any one knew where I could source a bit of a weird request. For my new LCS build up and coming I may have a requirement to replace a few solid aluminum 5.25 bay covers, with grill style covers. I am going to use a 3x4 CM bay converter with fan, but remove the bay cover that comes on it and cut off the back so it slips in much further into the bay, then cut off the top for a flush fit. Mount my MCP350 pump to it, while still keeping the 120mm fan.

The reason for this is I want to use a NZXT Sentry LX fan controller, which is 2 bays high, but the top bay section is just LCD display, so the "pump" mount bracket fill fit in behind this. So for the 2 now unused 5.25 bays, I want to replace the solid inserts and replace them with grill style covers to feed the 120mm fan.

Bizarre yeah I know, but I have need for 7 bays and the case I want has 6. So my idea is to have some "sharing" of the internal bay space. Of course it may not work as intended when I get it, but if I can find such covers they wouldnt be costly I think anyway.

If you any of you wild modders out there know where I can source em, be much appreciated. I checked NCIX, DC and few other places and don't see em. Cases use em so I know they are made, but can't seem to source em.

Thanks,

Corsair 600T White
Asus RoG Maximus V Gene
Intel i7-2600K w/Corsair H100
16GB Gskill DDR3 2400MHz
AMD R9 290X
OCZ Revo 3 240GB
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB
WD Velocirapter 600GB
LG DVD burner
LG Bluray Burner
Windows 7x64 Prem