A couple of questions about Vid card differences
View Single Post
December 2, 2008, 11:25 AM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Ok, here's a few pointers :
1. If you decide to do a crossfire setup with the card you already own, you will need to buy a second HD3870, or a HD3850 (see
2. At this point and time, buying a second HD3870 could run you between 80$ ~ $130 (with online deals, like @ NCIX.com).
3. If you are a serious gamer, and want crazy framerates, you should step up and buy the latest generation of cards, ie :
- 2 x 3870 ($80 ~ $130 for a second card)
- 2 x 4850 ($140 ~ $200 per card) --- better than 2x HD3870
- 2 x 4870 ($280 ~ $350 per card) --- better than 2x HD4850
4. If you haven't already purchased your 8gb of ram, don't. 8gb is useless in my opinion. Hinders overclocking too. And if you don't have a 64bit operating system, forget about it, you won't see more than 3.25 ~ 3.5gb...]
5. For a crossfire motherboard, look at the X38 & X48 chipset boards.
Last edited by Synth; December 2, 2008 at
My System Specs
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Synth
Visit Synth's homepage!
Find all posts by Synth