Quote:
Originally Posted by orklykid View Post
I could really use your help guys.
I just upgraded from:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor S939 Manchester 2Ghz 512KBX2 90NM
OCZ Performance PC3200 2GB 2X1GB DDR400 CL3-3-3-8 184PIN
ASUS A8R-MVP ATX S939 RX200 Crossfire DDR

to:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core Processor LGA775 3.0GHZ Wolfdale 1333FSB 6MB Retail
ASUS P5Q Pro ATX LGA775 P45 DDR2 2PCI-E16 CrossFire Motherboard
Buffalo Firestix FSX1066D2C-K2G 2GB 2X1GB PC2-8500 DDR2-1066 CL5 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory

I've freshly formatted my computer a couple of times, and yet applications take a long time to load. Multi-tasking is extremely slow, and bootup time is poor also. Could something be defective? Did I buy bad RAM? My RAM never gets fully utilized, but my CPU usage is always reported as being high 50-60%. I'd upgrade to 4GB RAM if it would make a difference, but I'm only using 32bit XP anyway so it wouldn't really make that much difference.

Anyone have any thoughts? I could really use the advice.

Thanks!
that is something else , use task manager or better yet download and install process manager then load it up and see which process's are running so hi when you find them right click ( one ) and search to see what it is. also Vista has so much crap on it I wouldn't use it unless you have at least 4gb ram because vista very rarely runs less then 30 process's I use xp x64 pro and right now I am using torrents ff webbrowser converting a couple of avi's to dvd and un raring other files and my process 's are at 25 when I first log in I only have 18 process's running which includes antivir and Peergaurdian2

if you find that there are allot of process's running check out what they are using process manager and turn them off if you don't need them. I am thinking you either have a virus or Nod is running in the back ground