View Single Post
Old November 28, 2008, 04:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyl168 View Post
I would like to use non alcohol iodine as my biocide for my cooling loop but I have read that it causes your copper blocks to tarnish into a black colour is this true? Also I would like to stay away from copper sulfate as it speeds up corrosion. Thanks
STAY AWAY FROM IODINE, I've made this mistake way back when I started WC years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
pt nuke + distilled water
Agreed, the only way to fly, well theres also anything 99.99% silver will work extremely well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Copper Sulphate (aka PT_Nuke) is only an issue in higher concentrations. When the correct dosage is used (1 drop/litre), it has a negligible impact on corrosion, and still prevents any issues with algae.
Correct, as long as you follow the instructions on the side there will not be any issue with PT Nuke. Only when you over do it will there be issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
As far as Iodine is concerned, should be okay as well, as long as it's alcohol-free. I've heard it said that Iodine can oxidize metal, but I'm honestly not sure if this is a factor in a watercooling loop.
STAY AWAY, OH GOD THE NIGHTMARES. All joking aside, iodine WILL oxidize and turn the insides of all your blocks black and corrode. Stay away, If you want proof I will try and get come pictures later today of my no longer in use/ruined (garbage because I couldn't clean them) blocks from when I was a WC noob.