Thread: My Upgrade!
View Single Post
Old November 8, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default My Upgrade!

Hey guys....Well (much to my wifes misunderstnding ), here is the following upgrades as listed in specs)...please no unnecessary comments about cost ...as I consider myself an enthusiast, whereby my hobby leans towards spending $$$$
Anyhow, here it is, parts should be coming Monday / Tuesday..:
1. Addition another GTX 280 SSC very good deal me thinks $509.99 - $30 MIR = $479.99
2. Corsair HX 1kW PSU $269.99 - $20.00 MIR = $249.99
3. Silverstone Temjin TJ09B w Window = $332.42

OK,,,really thier were concerns with adding the 2nd GTX 280 to my Rig with my current Raidmax Smilidon Case (cooling), after reading all the reviews on the TJ09, sounds like cooling the SLI GTX280's should be a breeze. I did purchase another 3 120mm Scythe S-Flex to install into the Silverstone Case, giving a total of 3 120mm Intakes and 2 120mm Exhaust, should provide appropriate "negative " pressure within the case...figures this would be better than "positive pressure"..providing good exhaust...
Really lioked this case with the focus on cooling to SLI / Crossfire configurations.

Anyhow, I'll be all set fdor an eventual upgrade (next year) to I7, new MOBO, CPU and DDR3...
Can't wait to see how these bad boys perform (2 x GTX 280 SLI)....will keep you posted some basic Benchmarks upon completion next week (comparing to single GTX 280), as in:
1. 3DMark 06
2. Crysis Warhammer
3. Crysis
4. FC2
5. FEAR Perseus Mandate (for the hell of it)

Cheers