View Single Post
Old November 1, 2008, 11:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Might as well jump in with a somewhat related question since the thread is kinda leaning in that direction......

How have the enthusiasts amongst us found Vista's behaviour to frequent hardware changes? One of the reasons I was originally opposed to upgrading from XP was the concern that folks who change hardware frequently would find themselves SOL after a certain # of hardware changes. Was that concern valid? Does anybody (with a legit Vista license) have first hand experience with the process or is everybody on Vista who changes hardware frequently running some form of "patch" which does an end-run around the issue? (No discussion on the actual "end-run" please... :) ).
The only problem that I have had has been when my mobo blew a cap, since it is a OEM copy I had to call MS.
I have changed everything from CPU's to hdd's and that was the firstime I had a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton