View Single Post
Old October 30, 2008, 07:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
If you do decide to get rid of Norton I advise you to check the running process after you uninstall it. Look and see if it left any thing running in the background, I have uninstalled Norton on someone's PC before and it still had something going in the background after reboot. I remember I found a tool on Norton's site that allows full removal of it, try a search on Google. Recommend that you download the tool in case you need it, uninstall Norton, reboot, run tool, then install new anti virus.
Thanks for the tip TopDog, that was exactly what I had been thinking about here this evening, is what crap is going to be left behind!!! I know that my Start-up in MSConfig has a number of items that are running and I'm hoping they will dissapear after an uninstall...
Anyhow, I have downloaded and ran Spybot SD, found a few cookies and advised that my Windows Firewall is "off" (don't leave it on while I have Antivirus running ((Norton)) )...thats about it so far, still haven't taken the plunge, its like a 3 yr old giving up a soother..hahahahah