View Single Post
Old October 30, 2008, 03:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Need info on LCD TV

Hey,

I have the option to pick up an LCD/Plasma TV through work for dirt cheap, 200 bucks for a 37"-42". My problem is; I do not watch TV and my living room dosn't even have a TV in it; I do watch blueray/dvd though that's usually done from the comfort of my bed!

Thus; I plan on using this unit with my computer - I know my LCD monitor specs quite well; my question is - do these apply directly to lcd/plasma TV's?

Obviously I want to see it and find which has the best image; as well highest contrast ratio and best response time possible; but what I'm curious to know from people who use 30" and above screens as their main display what issues they can run into and what I should look for when choosing my display.

Please also suggest models; but keep in mind I can only select from Sharp, Sony, or Samsung (The Sharp and Sony's are exactly the same screens with different casings; being both made in the exact same factories).

Thanks!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.