View Single Post
Old October 27, 2008, 09:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Welcome to HWC D4ng3r! When I built my rig back in May of this year, I bought XP 64 bit because I wasn't sure what Viata was like at that time and I figured that software would eventually start really making use of a 64 bit OS. I'm just about to go to 8 GB of ram, so I don't know yet if there is a true advantage at this time.

I've always had the Binford 9000 (Home Improvements) state of mind though and figure that the more ram, horsepower, torque, balls, guts, etc. the better.

I really haven't had too many problems with XP 64. It won't play some older games (Sacred & Brothers in Arms), and you can't currently use Dragon "Naturally Speaking" (voice recognition software). Other than that XP 64 has worked flawlessly for me, but that is only my experience. Keep listening on the board here and I'm sure that you will get some qualified opinions.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!