View Single Post
Old October 25, 2008, 08:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

OMG the sound design and music is absolutely fantastic. I usually play with headphones on. I wish I had a 5.1 system because those with them are raving about it when it comes to this game. The music sets the moods perfectly, screechy violins, staccatos, all timed at perfect moments to draw you into the world of dead Space and leave you with the shakes. The little bits of whispers, scurrying necros, clinks, clanks, creeks really add to it.

Other nice touches are when you are in a vacuum, you can hardly hear anything except your own breathing and muffled footsteps. It's like you are underwater. And when your health is low your breathing gets irradic as does your step. You kind of "stumble along" a bit. The voice acting is top notch, no cheesy deliveries and the script is decent too.

I am so addicted to this game I can't put it down lol. I know a space horror shooter is nothing new, but when a developer does so many little things right, and delivers great gameplay, it's hard not to say one of the best games of 2008. We have a few more AAA titles to look forward to so we'll see how it stacks up. All I can say is there are not any Dead Space "let down" threads like there is for Far Cry2.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE