View Single Post
Old October 24, 2008, 10:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default HIS Radeon HD 4850 ICEQ4 Turbo - Lightning Review

Well joys of express shipping, I got my 2nd HD 4850 today from NCIX. I'm still hoping on Diamond to RMA my other one for some juicy Crossfire action but honestly I have no idea if or when that's going to happen.

Anyways, this HIS card is cool, quiet and better than my Diamond IMO. This card was packaged really well and came with a nice screwdriver/flashlight combo tool and the usual HDMI and DVI adapters and Crossfire bridge.

It's idling at 45C; not sure of load yet since I've just installed it.

One issue so far, the sticker on the heatsink is already ruined, though I don't really care much but still something worth mentioning. It looks like somebody tried to remove it or something. Also there were visible greasy finger-print type marks on the sticker and on the back metal heatsink plate thing. Just a lack of quality control but at least the card seems to work fine.

Without further adieu, here's the pictures:

And one thing I noticed that my Diamond HD 4850 didn't have, are these 2 dipswitches just above the Crossfire connector. Not sure what they do and they are covered by a piece of yellow plastic.

Overclocking
Seems to be able to do 700/1200 (which is the maximum CCC allows) with ease. Ran 3DMark06 and played a HL2-based game with no issues.

3DMark06 @ 700/1200
3DMark Score 15540 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 5830
SM 3.0 Score 7184
CPU Score 4959

Last edited by JD; October 24, 2008 at 11:44 AM.