View Single Post
Old October 17, 2008, 10:17 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default Specifications & Pricing

For those that are looking for the straight up boring specifications list, here you go, borrowed straight from the EVGA site:

What is not listed here are the features that only nForce chipsets possess for Intel processors. For instance, with the nForce 790i SLI chipset, you can run memory un-linked. It is not a true un-linked memory where you can set whatever you want the memory to run at, it is still a ratio system, but it does offer a lot more options that the Intel chipsets don't. For instance, there is a 16:30 ratio that you won't find on any Intel motherboards. This feature comes in handy as there aren't as big gaps between memory ratios like you find on the Intel chipsets.

Another major feature is one that we are all probably quite familiar with, the ability to run SLI. Until the X58 boards are available, the NVIDA chipsets like the 790i are the only ones you can run two or more SLI compatible video cards. Of course, the ballgame completely changes with Nehalem (Core i7) as NVIDIA was muscled into providing X58 boards the ability to run SLI. If you are looking for any more information about the specifications or features of the EVGA nForce 790i SLI FTW Digital PWM or simply the nForce 790i chipset, here are a couple links...NVIDIA 790i SLI and EVGA nForce 790i SLI FTW Digital PWM. Let's now take a look at pricing...

Pricing at some retailers...at time of posting:

USACanadaSo NCIX and its subsidiaries are all over the board on the pricing so far with this board. Hopefully someone else can pick this board up and drop prices closer to the US pricing. In the US, options for this board seem very slim but the price is much better...EVGA needs to do something about this because the Canadian dollar was on par or higher than the US dollar for a while, but is still only $0.15 behind. Quit hating us up here because we have relatively clean air...in some parts of the country, at certain times of the year, when there is enough of a breeze from west to east.

**The pricing was edited due to the sudden drop in the CND $ and the sharp increase in prices. We are now back to getting shafted here in Canada on everything it seems. This board went from "on the pricey side" to "holy shyt" expensive overnight in Canada.

Last edited by 3oh6; October 18, 2008 at 10:29 AM.