View Single Post
Old October 16, 2008, 02:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

I would use Pine because it is cheap and then stain/varnish and polish it...I refinished a guitar for my girlfreind a couple years ago that was a pine top..I sanded it down to a baby smooth finish that exposed the grain really nice then applied 10 coats of black stain the first 2 with a sponge and the last 8 in different patterns and styles with a little brush..then I applied 3 coats of marine lacquer sanded that down to a smooth rough finish then polished the piss out of it with a heavy wax based polish....and wow when the light hits it right it looks damn fine....however black wood is a useless to some people because it disguises the grain in bad lighting so you may stain it any color you want only you want to apply many uniform coats if you are going for a natural finish...I am a fan of Cheery Wood stain on Pine...or you could get fancy and buy Maple or Cherrywood...

I believe "épinette blanche ou noir" = white or black spruce

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit