View Single Post
Old October 15, 2008, 09:13 PM
Allstar

Default Contemplating a wood PC

So, I was in Home Depot earlier today picking up some paint. Walked past some wood that was on sale, and I thought "what the hell, why not?" I think I want to build a computer case out of wood. I know it's been done before, but it hasn't been done by ME, and Jebus knows that I sure as hell need more things to fill out my day.

Any opinions? Really, I could use any wood (suggestions, please), but the ones that piqued my interest were about 1/4" thick x 3" wide x maybe 12" long, give or take a few inches. They were cut so that they "mold" into each other, so you can easily attach more pieces. This saves me the trouble of doing any fancy cutting out of larger pieces of wood. I'm guessing about 200 of these little pieces of wood would suffice, including the interior, along with some other minor stuff to put and hold it all together.

Opinions...? Suggestions...? Insults...?
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro